Pen Style Thermometer I Fly N Guide
If you are going to be able to get the right kind of fish you want from the stream,you definitely need to know-without guessing-what the water temperature is as at the time you are planning to commence the fishing.
A stream thermometer is that tool that would give you the exact temperature of the stream you are about to fish in at the time you want.
The reason for checking the water temperature is that certain types of fish (those actively feeding) have a more pronounced presence in the stream at some temperature. If you know this,you can plan your adventure to the right temperature.
Usually,to get the exact temperature of the stream at a particular time,all you have to do is to dip the Pen Style Stream Thermometer into the water and allow some 15 to 20 seconds before you bring it out and check the reading. The thermometer is long enough and carefully made to be water-resistance. The liquid in it is mercury,and this would make the reading quite easy.
Here are some quick features of this thermometer that might interest you
- It has a case to protect it from adverse conditions that might compromise its reading
- The liquid inside is mercury,and that makes the reading very easy
- On the top is a lanyard ring which you can insert a lanyard to attach to your vest.
- Also has a pen clip to secure it to your pocket.
- The design is simple but very functional.
- It gives the accurate value of water temperature,and this can aid in catching more fish.
- Simple to use..
- It has both Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature reading.